Mustering your Battlehost
Using the General’s Handbook 2017 & Forgeworld’s Matched Play Points players Battlehost will be 2,000 points in addition players should bring a 1,000 points sidebar. Using their sidebar players will be allowed to change their Battlehost composition from game to game.
Reinforcement Points will follow all rules on page 77 of the GHB 2017. All Reinforcement models must be displayed for Players Choice and Paint Judging. (Summoned terrain doesn’t need to be presented for paint judging, but must meet paint requirements to be used during game play)
Holy Wars IV will consist of 5 games of Ages of Sigmar. Each game will have 5 battle rounds on 15 unique table scenarios with deployments selected around each scenario.
- Deployed Battlehost must meet all of the 2000 point requirements on page 75 in the General’s Handbook 2017. Any exceptions are listed below.
- 5 Rules of 1 are in effect.
- Command Traits are chosen before the start of each game and players must choose a new command trait for each game, no repeats allowed.
- Artifacts of Power are chosen before the start of each game and players must choose a new command trait for each game, no repeats allowed.
- Battletome Spells are chosen before the start of each game and players must choose a new command trait for each game, no repeats allowed. If you have 6 wizards in your list spells must be rotated.
- Battletome Prayers are chosen before the start of each game and players must choose a new command trait for each game, no repeats allowed. If you have 6 priests in your list prayers must be rotated.
- Battletome Mount Traits are chosen before the start of each game and players must choose a new command trait for each game, no repeats allowed.
- Each table will have a Twist and Ruse deck that will be used for each game.
- All measuring is done Base to Base.
- Round bases are required.
- Your Battlehost is only allowed one named character.
- Battlehost that run Battalions must somehow visually indicate which models are part of the Battalion. For example, marking the Battalion with tokens.
- Weapon options must be indicated each for unit as well as any other optional upgrade.
- Standard Bearers must list what banner they are carrying if they have the option to take a special standard.
- All models must be fully painted to a minimum standard. Models primed with only 3 items painted are not considered fully painted are not allowed for this event.
- No proxy models allowed. A Treeman is not a Hellpit and a Hellpit is not Archaon the Everchosen and Archaon the Everchosen is not Alarielle the Everqueen.
- All Reinforcements must be displayed for Players Choice and Paint Judging.
- This includes Summoned models from any spell or army special rules.
- Summoned models not painted and themed to the army can’t be used during the game (if you plan to raise 200 zombies or skeletons you better have 200 painted and themed to your army).
- Summoned terrain such as Wyldwoods and Balewind Vortex must be the same footprint size as the model. Terrain must be painted and themed to your army. Any Wyldwoods made of paper and felt are not allowed. Any custom made Wyldwoods must meet all measurements and have circle spaces to represent the tree space identical to the Citadel model. Summoned terrain doesn’t need to be displayed for paint judging.
- Players may NOT borrow models from other players for Reinforcements or any special rules.
- Holy Wars Re-Roll dice: Each player will have the opportunity to purchase a Holy Wars Re-Roll dice. Each player will have the opportunity to Re-Roll one dice roll during each game.
- Objectives will be claimed by having the most models within 6″ of the objective unless otherwise stated in the scenario.
- The game stops if a team no longer has any models left to battle, victory conditions are calculated immediately.
- Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe: There are 5 secret missions at Holy Wars. After both armies are deployed but before the first battle round, each player will decide which mission they will use. Write down your secret mission on your score sheet and don’t reveal your Secret Mission until the end of the game. At the end of each game, the players will reveal what secret mission they had for that round. Make sure you choose your secret missions wisely; you cannot choose that same secret mission again for the rest of the tournament.
Players are required to have their Warscrolls handy ready to resolve rule disputes between themselves in a fair and friendly manner. However, in the case of ambiguous rules or firm disagreements, players are encouraged to dice off to resolve the dispute. If after the dice off the issue is still not resolved there will be Rule Judges circulating on the floor. While we strive for accuracy, it is our main goal to keep games moving along. Decisions from a Rule Judge will be quick and considered final.
A $20 contribution of Games Workshop or fantasy equivalent (These must be New In Box models). Raffle tickets can be purchased for $5.00 each or 6 for $20. Proceeds will go to the Hesed House homeless shelter.
There are 144 points available over 4 categories.
100 pts Battle
There are 100 points available for the 5 games. A player can get a maximum of 20 points if by winning all the objectives listed below.
- Table/Terrain Objective: 7 pts
- Grail Token Objective: 6 pts
- Secret Mission Objective: 4 pts
- Most Surviving Deployed Warsrcolls: 3 pts
12 pts Narrative Participation
Players can earn up to 12 points for using at least 400-1000 pts of their Battlehost sidebar in 3 or more games.
10 pts Sportsmanship
- 5 Favorite Opponent points available. One point for each favorite opponent vote.
- 4 point for donating one or more items worth at least $20 retail total to the Charity Raffle.
- 1 point for voting for your favorite army.
22 pts Appearance
22 points available to all players. You can download the Holy Wars Paint Check List to make sure you get your points.
There can be only one. One winner will be awarded in each of the following categories. No duplicate winners are allowed.
- Best Overall
- Best Sports
- Fan Favorite Battlehost
Hobby Master Awards
- Best Battlehost (The Highest Paint Score based on Hobby Master level paint scores and judge votes.)
- The Best Conversion (A player may nominate their best conversion to be judged for this award. Only Hobby Master level painted conversions will qualify.)
- The Hammer Hobbyist (The overall Battlehost that exemplifies the hobby we love based on judges votes.)
Registration opens at 7:00 pm on 9/17/16 – Please email email@example.com if you would like to sign up and send your PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the money via Friends and Family after all we are friends.
The Holy Wars 2017 narrative tournament will be able to seat 30 players. Remember – only paying your registration fee of $65 secures your place at the table.
Refunds – If individual cancels a reservation before December 15th payment will be refunded in full. After December 15th payments will be refunded minus a $25 tournament fee to each player. Cancelations after January 1st will not be refunded. Thank you.