Mustering your Warhost
Warhost will be 2,500 points using the points in the General’s Handbook & Forgeworld’s Matched Play Points. Players may deploy 2000 the remaining 500 will be a sideboard. Players that deploy less than their opponent may roll on the Triumph table.
Reinforcement Points will follow all rules on page 108 of the GHB. All Reinforcement models must be displayed for Players Choice and Paint Judging.
Holy Wars 2017 will consist of 5 games of Ages of Sigmar. Each game will have 5 battle rounds on 16 unique table scenarios with deployments selected around each scenario.
- Deployed Warhost must meet all of the 2000 point requirements in the General’s Handbook.
- 3 Rules of 1 are in effect.
- Narrative Triumph Table will be used for this Narrative event.
- Command Traits are chosen before the start of each game.
- Artifacts are chosen before the start of each game.
- Battletome Spells are chosen before the start of each game.
- All measuring is done Base to Base.
- Round bases are required.
- Your Warhost is only allowed one of each named character.
- Warhost that run Battalions must somehow visually indicate which models are part of the Battalion. For example, marking the Battalion with tokens.
- Weapon options must be indicated each unit as well as any other optional upgrade.
- Standard Bearers must list what banner they are carrying if they have the option to take a special standard.
- All models must be fully painted to a minimum standard. Models primed with only 3 items painted are not considered fully painted are not allowed for this event.
- No proxy models allowed. A Treeman is not a Hellpit and a Hellpit is not Archaon the Everchosen and Archaon the Everchosen is not Alarielle the Everqueen.
- All Reinforcements must be displayed for Players Choice and Paint Judging.
- This includes Summoned models from any spell or army special rules.
- Summoned models not painted and themed to the army can’t be used during the game (if you plan to raise 200 zombies or skeletons you better have 200 painted and themed to your army).
- Players may NOT borrow models from other players for Reinforcements or any special rules.
- Holy Wars Re-Roll dice: Each player will have the opportunity to purchase a Holy Wars Re-Roll dice. Each player will have the opportunity to Re-Roll one dice roll during each game.
- Objectives will be claimed by having 5+ models within 6″ of the objective unless otherwise stated in the scenario.
- The game stops if a team no longer has any models left to battle, victory conditions are calculated immediately. (If models are still remaining in Call to War/Reinforcements Pool these models cannot participate in the battle. They have heard the news of the destruction and have fled the battlefield).
- Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe: There are 5 secret missions at Holy Wars. After both armies are deployed but before the first battle round, each player will decide which mission they will use. Write down your secret mission on your score sheet and don’t reveal your Secret Mission until the end of the game. At the end of each game, the players will reveal what secret mission they had for that round. Make sure you choose your secret missions wisely; you cannot choose that same secret mission again for the rest of the tournament.
All players must submit their Warhost list to the Holy Wars Council by January 17th, 2017. Lists should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the lists as a PDF or exported from http://www.scrollbuilder.com
If players don’t submit their lists on time in the format stated above the player will be docked a sports point for each violation.
Players are required to have their Warscrolls handy ready to resolve rule disputes between themselves in a fair and friendly manner. However, in the case of ambiguous rules or firm disagreements, players are encouraged to dice off to resolve the dispute. If after the dice off the issue is still not resolved there will be Rule Judges circulating on the floor. While we strive for accuracy, it is our main goal to keep games moving along. Decisions from a Rule Judge will be quick and considered final.
Charity Raffle and Re-roll Dice
A $20 contribution of Games Workshop, Infinity, Malifaux or fantasy equivalent (These must be New In Box models). Raffle tickets can be purchased for $5.00 each or 6 for $20. Proceeds will go to the Hesed House. For $20 a player can purchase a Holy Wars charity re-roll die. This die can be used once per game in each of the 5 tournament games to re-roll any D6 roll. Priority Rolls may not be re-rolled.
There are 132 points available over 3 categories.
100 pts Battle
There are 100 points available for the 5 games. A player can get a maximum of 20 points if by winning all the objectives listed below.
- Table/Terrain Objective: 7 pts
- Grail Token Objective: 6 pts
- Secret Mission Objective: 4 pts
- Most Surviving Deployed Warsrcolls: 3 pts
10 pts Sportsmanship
- 5 Favorite Opponent points available. One point for each favorite opponent vote.
- 1 point for donating one or more items worth at least $20 retail total to the Charity Raffle.
- 1 point for purchasing a $20 Charity Re-roll die.
- 1 point for voting for your favorite army.
- 2 points based on Etiquette. Each player starts with 2 points and loses one or more points for the following reasons: Submitting or changing your army Pool after the January 28th, 2017 deadline. Complaints from the Hampton Inn staff, Arguing rules disputes or Judge’s discretion.
22 pts Appearance
22 points available to all players. You can download the Holy Wars Paint Check List to make sure you get your points.
There can be only one. One winner will be awarded in each of the following categories. No duplicate winners are allowed.
- Best Overall
- Best Sports
- Fan Favorite Warhost
Hobby Master Awards
- Best Warhost (The Highest Paint Score based on Hobby Master level paint scores and judge votes.)
- The Best Unit Leader Model (The best individual unit leader model based on Hobby Master level paint scores and judge votes.)
- The Hammer Hobbyist (The overall army that exemplifies the hobby we love based on judges votes.)
Registration opens at 7:00 pm on 9/17/16 – Please email email@example.com if you would like to sign up and send your PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the money via Friends and Family after all we are friends.
The Holy Wars 2017 narrative tournament will be able to seat 30 players. Remember – only paying your registration fee of $60 secures your place at the table.
Refunds – If individual cancels a reservation before December 15th payment will be refunded minus a $25 tournament fee to each player. Cancelations after January 1st will not be refunded. Thank you.